Jounin Exam (Walkthrough)

Share your experience and provide guidance with your Ninja friends!

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Re: Jounin Exam (Walkthrough)

Postby cobaltblue » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 pm

I've left a link on Hito's thread. Back then, I also used his thread as reference for part 2 after all.
But I couldn't find ssethia's walkthrough.

I'll finish that Credits Page soon so no one will feel insulted for any material-stealing :p

@Mei:
I removed that part from guide intentionally.
People should learn to figure out their own strategies, and read all over pages!--not only the front page! :twisted:

I've put the part: "Last Shikigami always matches its element with its surrounding" though.
Just check that Main-Clue section.
Last edited by cobaltblue on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cobaltblue

Postby Mei » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

cobalt is a devil :twisted: :lol:
Mei

Postby lukystar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Wow... reallly good... even better this time...
Hehehehe I know u remove that part so this thread will alive and start asking about the 4th part... Nice in evilish way... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Spoiler: show
I haven't done with your request cobalt because I have to be careful and want to make it original and different than faust... hahhahahaha... I guess you no better than Sasha... darn you water bender!
ImageImageImage
lukystar

Postby cobaltblue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Off-topic:
Errrrmm.. Actually, that request is for Indo-board.. The translation.
I found Faust's guide is not quite to the point, so translate it to other languages still won't help much.
cobaltblue

Postby ssethia86 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm

happen to saw this cuz i like that kekkai puzzle and would like to make comment on it.. also, i would like to add that i understand puzzle better bcoz of your 3-4 lines of explanation Or maybe bcoz now i analyzed few screenshots of mine which i always procrastinated. anyways, i am still a little bit confused with that green and orange ball . if i can play kekkai puzzle i would have tested my comment.. here is my long comment :

this means either it is 2 green runes & 1 or more red runes OR 3 green runes ( 1-2 only says that out of 4 green & 1 red rune three runes are in combination).
but we know that it can't be 3 green runes (since we have placed green runes on 4 locations,we would have got 2 :mrgreen: in case of 3 green runes)
now we know that 2 green rune exist in combination. while red rune can be 1 or more than 1 ..

in 2nd try we got to know that there are 2 red runes. (info. till now : 2 red runes , 2 green runes)

In 3rd try , again 2 runes are at wrong place.. 2 blue runes can't be at wrong place (since there can't be 2 blue runes) . so it has to be 1 red and 1 blue. this shows blue rune exist. there is only 1 place where blue rune is not placed. so that's the place of blue rune (first location from left).

till now, info. gathered: 2 red 2 green 1 blue
positions of runes we know: rune ___ ___ ___ rune (2 red and 1 green rune are at those 3 blanks)

what should be our 4th try ? : blue red green white green (we know runes at corners are at correct place)
why white ? cuz white doesn't exist .. so it shouldn't show up in result( :mrgreen: :!: ), leading to better understanding of position of runes [ this is where i am not sure.. why am i not sure ? bcoz my concept has gone well with all Screen Shots in my thread but it doesn't fit in here in result of 9th try, but it goes well with result of 8th try :
Image]
now middle 3 blanks can be : R G R or R R G or G R R
if i am right, then whichever be the combination we can find out by analyzing result after 4th try (blue red green white green) ..

input : B R G W G .

case1:B R G R G
result: :mrgreen: 4 :!: 1/0 (not sure what will show up among " 1" and "0".. either 1 or 0 it doesn't matter here) .. clearly seen that red and green at respective 2nd and 3rd position are correct. so just replace white with red rune

case 2: B R R G G
result: :mrgreen: 3 :!: 1 .. if red(2nd place) is at wrong place in input , then green(3rd position) will also be at wrong place. so it has to be green(3rd position) which is at wrong place. so just replace green (3rd position) with red, and white with green rune.

case 3: B G R R G
result: :mrgreen: 2 :!: 2 ... clearly seen that both red(2nd place) and green (3rd place) are at wrong place. so red will be at 3rd and 4th place, which leaves only 1 place for green, i.e. 2nd position.

enter answer in 5th try !!!!!

even if my concept is not 100% applicable, steps no. 4,5,6 are clearly not needed .. and we can come to answer just by analysing step no. 1, 2, 3 and 6
Last edited by ssethia86 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slow and steady way is not bad at all :
ssethia86

Postby cobaltblue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

I haven't read your whole essay, so I'll edit this post later after I read it.
FYI, the tutorial (per steps) part comes from shaiming's guide. While for the rest information of part 3 is translation of my other walkthrough. I tried to re-phrase some sentences from shaiming's guide but I did it in hurry. I'll try to read it again.
Thanks, sethia. Long time no see, btw :)

-Edited.
Oh, I see.. So you're trying to see if this tut goes like your mind..
I've read it as carefully as I can, and, notice something interesting:
Zuzu wrote:Positions of runes we know: rune ___ ___ ___ rune (2 red and 1 green rune are at those 3 blanks)

How do you know that the last rune is green?
Just show the row which shows that last rune would be green..
I'll try to figure it out by myself. I'm curious :shock:

Zuzu wrote:even if my concept is not 100% applicable, steps no. 4,5,6 are clearly not needed .. and we can come to answer just by analysing step no. 1, 2, 3 and 6

Yep, I agree with you. We could figure out the five colors we would need only by analyzing row 1, 2, and 3 (we still need to do another guesses before figuring out the positions, though).

But as your info, this comes from shaiming's guide, and I only tried to rephrase it.
If I tried to change the tut, it means I would need another screenshot because some people can't understand if the explanation isn't in sequences.

This is where i am not sure.. Why am i not sure? Bcoz my concept has gone well with all Screen Shots in my thread but it doesn't fit in here in result of 9th try

Hmm, I call this 9th try as 'doubled runes' phenomenon, anyway.
Not all people understand what it really is.
I've tried my best to explain it with shaiming's screenshot, but looks like.. I still need to re-phrase it again :|

It's just my thoughts, but I think this 'doubled runes' which results odd scores is really misleading, anyway.. It makes people think that their victory of this part of exam back then was only luck.
cobaltblue

Postby ssethia86 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 pm

yup ! its been long time, cobaltpink . even if i enter forum, the big question is " what to do ? " ...

i know that you took it from the guy/girl who climbed 30m well by 3m in day and slipped by 2m at night .. i usually saw snail / ant climbing that way.. good to see him/her climbing .. i haven't read all steps, cuz its soooooooooooooooooooooo long and i slipped after climbing few sentences , infact i read only 1 which i was interested in.. also, i knew that you will take special interest in explaining that point :

i decided to write long comment / explanation / essay cuz i saw you were interested in making walkthrough..that essay will help.. read it before you sleep, you will get good sleep 8-)

walkthrough looks tidy + organized .. good work, cobaltpink ..

ssethia86

Postby cobaltblue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:25 pm

lol, what is it? After messing around on Zhen Story and Flame thread, now having grudge towards shaiming?
You're using sarcasm almost everywhere.

Anyway, answer my question please:
cobaltblue wrote:How do you know that the last rune is green?

That conclusion like suddenly jumped and stood in front of me.

ssethia86 wrote:yup ! its been long time, cobaltpink

Oh, good.
I can see you notice that "Zuzu" part.

Well.. I never had any intention to make up with you, anyway.
I have no regret for calling you with that cute nickname again.
cobaltblue

Postby ssethia86 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:59 pm

why would i have problem with shaiming ? just like i thought you were a girl from the way you talk (before i knew it) , i think same about shaiming..and that wasn't sarcasm , but humour .. it backfired cuz we have different understanding of homour, sorry 4 dat .. had pure intention to help you .. anyways, about your question :
cobaltpink wrote:
Zuzu wrote:Positions of runes we know: rune ___ ___ ___ rune (2 red and 1 green rune are at those 3 blanks)

How do you know that the last rune is green?
Just show the row which shows that last rune would be green..
I'll try to figure it out by myself. I'm curious :shock:

result : :mrgreen: 1 :!: 2 ... if red is at correct place then value of yellow ball can't be 2. so red is at wrong place.. value of :!: is 2 , so green rune is at wrong place too.. there is only 1 place where green rune is not present, i.e. 5 th place from left.. green has to be at that place, otherwise we would have got :mrgreen: 2 ...

cobaltpink wrote:Hmm, I call this 9th try as 'doubled runes' phenomenon, anyway.
Not all people understand what it really is.
I've tried my best to explain it with shaiming's screenshot, but looks like.. I still need to re-phrase it again :|

nope.. i meant it worked in all 6 SS which i had with odd cases (case of multiple runes), except only at 1 place in 9th try in SS.. flaw in 9th try doesn't change anything , but that's still a flaw . that's what i meant ..

cobaltpink wrote:I have no regret for calling you with that cute nickname again.

no problem with that .. its just human nature .. if you call others by cute nickname , then others also think to give you a cute nickname..
Last edited by ssethia86 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssethia86

Postby Itachi_Sasuke » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:09 pm

nice work cobaltblue
Zheninjas Uchiha Leader
ImageImageImage
Itachi_Sasuke

PreviousNext

Return to Guides and Advice