Balancing elements

Discuss Ninja Saga

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Balancing elements

Postby Arashi Hatake » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello everyone, this topic is about the balance between the elements!
I want to remind devs that elements are totally unbalanced and by saying that i mean that other elements compared to wind are very weak. Almost every emblem user is full wind and when i say that i mean everyone spends their attribute points on wind only, and why wind only and not other elements? Because wind adds the most important thing and that is Agility.By increasing agility you get the ability to play first and be faster than others and eventually surpass them and play 2 times in a row, while the other element users have to move too slow. Even tho my favorite element is thunder i put all of my attribute points to wind cause i know that if i do not do that i will not stand a chance against full wind users, and when i put my attribute points to wind it increases my wind jutsu damage and i would have to use it even for damage cause if i use thunder with no attribute points spent on it the wind would do bigger damage. And its all because of lack of agility. My opinion is that all elements have some pretty solid jutsu and we could say its balanced but the thing that is making a problem is agility. I suggest that you add agility to all elements, since you find wind the fastest(in Naruto Lightning is the fastest) leave it at 1 agility per 1 point increase but add like 0.9 agility per 1 point increase to thunder and like some agility to all elements so that when you add attribute points to other elements you do not fall behind that much. That way you will make all the elements more:balanced, playable, competitive and enjoyable. Hopefully devs will see this and consider balancing the elements. ;)
Arashi Hatake

Re: Balancing elements

Postby reifayeran » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Spoiler: show
you are not the first person who suggested this

this suggested from the very long time ago...and dev only made 'Accuracy' to counter wind :|
reifayeran

Postby arijanm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 am

That's a nice suggestion. You can go like this:

Wind - 1 agility per points
Lightning - 0.7 agility per point
Water - 0.5 agility per point
Fire - 0.3 agility per point
Earth - 0.1 agility per point

Then they'd have to add decimals to the agility, of course.
EXAM HELP: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLegendOfAri
THE BOSS suggestion.The Dragon Lord.
:arrow: http://www.ninjasaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42760
arijanm

Postby Aerialace » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 am

[quote="arijanm"]That's a nice suggestion. You can go like this:

Wind - 1 agility per points
Lightning - 0.7 agility per point
Water - 0.5 agility per point
Fire - 0.3 agility per point
Earth - 0.1 agility per point

Then they'd have to add decimals to the agility, of course.[/quote]

Then lightning will overpowered all other elements since they can one hit even a pure earth without any strengthen or other buffs that increases attack.. Lightning equip with right back item and weapon with supportive pet can withstand attacks from wind even if they get stunned and in their turn, their enemy surely die.. It is true even in real life that lightning is the fastest but it also deadly and much more powerful than fire thats why when the creators made this game, they chose critical chance increase and critical damage as its special attribute ability and if you observe in ninjutsus that fire and lightning has almost same attack damage so to counter its massive attack damage, they increased cp consumption of lightning jutsus.. And for fire to retain its reputation as strongest among all elements, fire points increases attack damage with cOmbustion chance but it lacks defensive skills.. Earth has high hp with many defensive skills.. Water recovers hp.. And since wind is the weakest, devs make them chance to dodge attack and move first.. I tell you, i created my character feb. 2010.. Im a free user until august 2014.. I chose wind as my first element because wind is seriously my fav element.. In my mind, i know that fire is the strongest so i chose it as my 2nd element.. But bec wind is my favorite, i spent all of my points to wind even i dont know the true purpose of those attribute points.. I have a friend who spent his points on earth.. And he is hard to kill that time thats why i only spent my first 17 points to wind and spent my next points to earth.. Because i thought wind points is useless.. When i played pvp before, i am ALWAYS took the first turn.. PROMISE.. I am not pure wind that time.. Meaning, all of my opponents are not pure wind.. Low level has low chance of dodge.. But low level has surely strong attacks for fire and high hp for earth.. During those times, many players are pure fire and pure earth.. Until the release of lvl 60 exams.. Many players become pure wind becauseof dodge and agility.. Many overpowered jutsu, weapons and back items were created.. And the start of unbalancing of the game.. When the game has just started, all are in balance because most ninjutsu dont have effects.. Items has minimal effects.. Only those who have elemental kinjutsu are strong.. But the game before is boring.. Only events make the game attracting which happens only sometimes.. I mean some months dont have events.. I think for the game to make it balance again is to reduce attribute point effects.. With high hp and cp added per lvl, say 50hp&cp and not 40 so players can have higher hp&cp.. Reduce wind point agility to 0.5.. But to make the game on perfectly balance is impossible thats why it is the main problem of the game for a long time.. Aside from element attributes, many overpowered jutsu and items contributes to the unbalancing of the game.. I have so many to say but im tired. Lol..
Last edited by Aerialace on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerialace

Postby eonstratus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Lowering the agility points would probably be better and easier. Putting agility on every other element would mean giving all the other elements 4 abilities instead of 3.

reifayeran wrote:
you are not the first person who suggested this

this suggested from the very long time ago...and dev only made 'Accuracy' to counter wind :|

Yes, and This was the birth of when Ninja Saga weapons started becoming drastically OP. And now we have permanent weapons with effects that surpass even the kinjutsu (unlimited turns , 0cp cost, higher percentages, better effects, cannot be disperse). :geek:
Last edited by eonstratus on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image
Its because im calm, thats why i can fight you
name:Stratus
Title:The Frozen Heaven
current lv:80
element: Wind/Water
Class:Medic-Nin
eonstratus

Postby Manx616 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am

I think the balance should be in the ammount of agility that a pure wind gets.

a pure wind hits me twice every three turns (I'm a 0 wind ninja)
a pure wind + 8 ext hits me twice every two turns..

thats broken as hell, they should cut that ammount by at least 3 times...

all in all a pure wind should get +0.33% agility per turn.. they will still be faster but not enough to get double turns so often...

On top of that dodge is very very common O_O a ninja with 40% dodge can evade 10 hits in a row with no sweat

but a pure fire with 40% combustion chance won't get combustion every turn for 10 times in a row

nor pure water users will get purify, and so on with the other elements

I mean im not against wind users dodging, but hey at least balance the chances with the other elements too.. as a pure water, I don't see a purify that often e.e

and another complain: add +reactive force and +purify back items e.e we already have too many of +dodge and +critical (even some of +combustion) and you keep adding more of those devs..
Manx616

Postby eonstratus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 am

Yea there is so little content in this game for pure water users, not even a +purify skill only -purify skills. There are zero back items with purfy and only 1 low level purify sword.
Image Image
eonstratus

Postby Manx616 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 am

eonstratus wrote:Yea there is so little content in this game for pure water users, not even a +purify skill only -purify skills. There are zero back items with purfy and only 1 low level purify sword.

there are actually many purify swors..

excluding clan war ones (i dont know if there is any that gives purify) I have 4

Sea bonze, lvl 20, effect +5% purify (not aviable anymore, emblem user exclusive weapon)

Rapa nui hammer, lvl 35, effect +10% accuracy + 5% purify + reduce 4% dmg taken (aviable through gacha)

Shaki, lvl 60, effect +5% purify + recovers 3% hp after each purify (basically never) (not aviable anymore, emblem user exclusive weapon)

and finally Native Sword, lvl 80, effect: +8% purify + heals 5% hp after every purify (almost never happens plus is not aviable anymore...)

well.. they still need to balance, can a mod please send this suggestions to devs?

ColmilloNegro manifiestate!!!
Manx616

Postby eonstratus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:24 am

so its all only 1 time expired items then? What about newer players who want to become water ninja? or other elementals? I think for element balance there should be at least 1 upgrade-able weapon for each element that remains obtainable from the black smith as well as a set of 1 time be forge-able element back items. These items should focus on enhancing the core abilities of their personal element (combustion, critical, dodge, purify, reactive force). The weapons should upgrade able every 20 levels so as to not become outdated. example a lv 100 ninja wont become stuck using a level 10 sword of his or her element.

The effects should'nt become too high. It should be like max 8% of attribute effect at lv 80 but the damage should still scale up to fit the ninja. Maybe include a small heal and accuracy per turn as well. I know we have world bosses and boss weapons that represent a personal element but those effects are neutral and made for general use by anyone. They dont actually provide any element stats and are not customized to modify the attributes of any personal element.

lastly water renewal is useless for water ninja, its just a Weaker version of the "Charge" button, except that it requires a jutsu slot, it has a cool down, and it can be dispersed, it should be changed to +40% purify in a similar standard and balance to the other lv 10 elemental token skills which all add +40% to a particular attribute.
Image Image
eonstratus

Postby Peter_Griffin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

eonstratus wrote:so its all only 1 time expired items then? What about newer players who want to become water ninja? or other elementals? I think for element balance there should be at least 1 upgrade-able weapon for each element that remains obtainable from the black smith as well as a set of 1 time be forge-able element back items. These items should focus on enhancing the core abilities of their personal element (combustion, critical, dodge, purify, reactive force). The weapons should upgrade able every 20 levels so as to not become outdated. example a lv 100 ninja wont become stuck using a level 10 sword of his or her element.

The effects should'nt become too high. It should be like max 8% of attribute effect at lv 80 but the damage should still scale up to fit the ninja. Maybe include a small heal and accuracy per turn as well. I know we have world bosses and boss weapons that represent a personal element but those effects are neutral and made for general use by anyone. They dont actually provide any element stats and are not customized to modify the attributes of any personal element.

lastly water renewal is useless for water ninja, its just a Weaker version of the "Charge" button, except that it requires a jutsu slot, it has a cool down, and it can be dispersed, it should be changed to +40% purify in a similar standard and balance to the other lv 10 elemental token skills which all add +40% to a particular attribute.

It became really hard for them to balance the game once they added OP weapons that are readily available for everyone to get unlike clan rewards that have insane effects but are very limited in number.
Peter_Griffin

Next

Return to Ninja Discussion