Christmas Weaponry Design Contest 2014 REPORT

Discuss Ninja Saga

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Christmas Weaponry Design Contest 2014 REPORT

Postby dannytranvan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 pm

So according to the players that messaged me, it appears that there are 3 weapons that violate the copyright of other games. And maybe there are even more!

I love Ninja Saga, but I would hate to see Ninja Saga taken down because of these people that decided to copy and paste the hard efforts of other games as their weapon design to take full credit. This lead to UNFAIR gaming for other players who worked hard on their weapon design.

What do you all have to say for this?
What is your complaint?
Post reply anything that consists of violation of copyright.
dannytranvan

Re: Christmas Weaponry Design Contest 2014 REPORT

Postby dannytranvan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:49 pm

VIOLATION COPYRIGHT #1
dannytranvan

Postby dannytranvan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 pm

VIOLATION COPYRIGHT #2
dannytranvan

Postby dannytranvan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 pm

VIOLATION COPYRIGHT #3
dannytranvan

Postby Noor Uddin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 pm

first of all Ns should immediatly remove those copy right weapons and why i see altered weapons on top 10 where are the rules they told about example http://prntscr.com/5h01vk why chosen when fully altered template other hand fans who followed all the rules ,i saw many sword inside the template which were better and followed all rules if ns planned to choosed swords like any template like this why they did't change the rules in the first place i see swords using effects . ????!!! i want answer devs . we followed ur all rules but why u still choose invalid swords. it's unfair . and back stabing true fans
Noor Uddin

Postby mielluu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:20 am

This. . .

I actually can see this one coming. Being someone who had been into the art industry for that long had actually come into mind that this will happen. People don't really understand what copyright means, that thinking it's just an "art" their just taking without getting credit wont be called theft. I had once saw someone in Deviantart tracing stuffs and that landed her on a netizen attack rage. Also, I'd be pointing out what happened to a game in facebook called Party Town. It's a game that was copying the late Pet Society graphics, and even claimed the designs of thousands of deviantartists to use for their own benefit. Netizen rage is the least worse thing that could happen to you, but you know what? This selfish actions of yours can help land you to jail, seriously.

People, not because it's digitally posted and is around the internet, you have the power to just copy and paste it and claim it as yours. Do put in mind that it's not just you who will get affected if NS will be caught into a copyright violation because of your. . . Design. If NS will be caught, people/developers of this designs will contact FB, and contact NS dev team to shut the game down and over 17k players will lose the game they love. If you think you're smart enough, think again. It made you look stupid in the end actually
mielluu

Postby eonstratus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 am

dannytranvan wrote:So according to the players that messaged me, it appears that there are 3 weapons that violate the copyright of other games. And maybe there are even more!

I love Ninja Saga, but I would hate to see Ninja Saga taken down because of these people that decided to copy and paste the hard efforts of other games as their weapon design to take full credit. This lead to UNFAIR gaming for other players who worked hard on their weapon design.

What is your complaint?

There's tons and tons of content designs and features in ninja saga that gets directly copied from naruto all the time, So its quite understandable how the standards of originality in this game can be very unclear for the players. Even now in the recent anniversary events there were many elements mirrored from power rangers, and in the Christmas event there's a boss guy with an actual sharrigan who uses crows, and phoenix flower like uchiha itachi . Where exactly do we draw the line here? I don't really feel the issue is all that serious in a clone based game like ninja saga. The devs can approve, disapprove or modify any design as they see appropriate. but this hardly something that is gonna break the game. Hackers, scammers, spammers, imbalanced game play, and overcharged prices, are what will ruin the game.
Image Image
Its because im calm, thats why i can fight you
Spoiler: show
name:Stratus
Title:The Frozen Heaven
current lv:80
element: Wind/Water
Class:Medic-Nin
eonstratus

Postby Manx616 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 am

Im quite sad for all this, I've made an awesome weapon on my own, followed all the rules perfectly it was pretty cool actually and they make this bullcrap? ._.

my second complain about this day is the package for emblem users.. it worths 2k tokens but has NOTHING useful in it :(

I had hopes they would make something like an upgraded version of what is on the material market :(
Manx616

Postby dannytranvan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:55 pm

eonstratus wrote:
dannytranvan wrote:So according to the players that messaged me, it appears that there are 3 weapons that violate the copyright of other games. And maybe there are even more!

What is your complaint?

There's tons and tons of content designs and features in ninja saga that gets directly copied from naruto all the time, So its quite understandable how the standards of originality in this game can be very unclear for the players. Even now in the recent anniversary events there were many elements mirrored from power rangers, and in the Christmas event there's a boss guy with an actual sharrigan who uses crows, and phoenix flower like uchiha itachi . Where exactly do we draw the line here? I don't really feel the issue is all that serious in a clone based game like ninja saga. The devs can approve, disapprove or modify any design as they see appropriate. but this hardly something that is gonna break the game. Hackers, scammers, spammers, imbalanced game play, and overcharged prices, are what will ruin the game.

Ninja Saga's is different from the players' point of actions. Ninja Saga did theirs on what may seem "parodies" or adapting to the idea. That is to say, they adapt from idea of other parties, but they did not EXACTLY copied it. For example, power rangers, we all know what they look. But the SNF they created for Olympic event, are not 100% copied from the power rangers party. By 100% copy, I mean by looking exactly the same as the adapted idea. The ideas Ninja Saga adapted, from the work of others they are inspired by, are known as "remakes."

The situation is different for players. To adapt from other parties' work is okay, but to just copy/cut and paste the parties' ideas to their provided artwork frame is considered stealing the works of others. This is something I know Ninja Saga does not tolerate from these players' actions. These players are known as "lazy" participants that just copy/cut and paste the idea/work to their provided designing frame (by using Photoshop, etc.).

Ninja Saga does have the right to choose which they want, but they don't like to choose participants that just 100% copied/stolen the artwork of other parties, while there are hardworking participants that use their own ideas or inspirations to create their designs.

Anyways, the 3 Violation Copyrights had been removed from the contest and replaced by other participants' weaponry designs.

Thanks for your consideration. The topic is now locked as the end of Report/Issue.
Happy Voting Everyone~
dannytranvan

Return to Ninja Discussion