Talent discussion (Dark Eye)

Discuss Ninja Saga

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Re: Talent discussion (Dark Eye)

Postby arijanm » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:10 am

colmillonegro wrote:Ehh.... I'm the only one here who thinks this new skill was a terrible big buff to the talent?

Actually the passive actives with all type of chakra losing (except when you use jutsus). Even Yobi's chakra drain skill activates meridians kekkai, the pvp is now full of DE users. Just imagine a full earth player with the S45 weapon, he would have all the turns a 35% damage rebound with 60% of stun the enemy, all just by attacking him, not even draining his chakra.

Ooooh, so that's why i lost a battle in PvP, there was a guy just like that, i coulnd't understand anything what was happening, always some CP lost and I was stunned, they have to do something about that...
EXAM HELP: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLegendOfAri
THE BOSS suggestion.The Dragon Lord.
:arrow: http://www.ninjasaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42760
arijanm

Postby Aerialace » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 am

I agree to those who say that dark eye is still not good as deadly performance. New skill meridian kekkei is a good adjustment in DE but it leaves the user to have only 2 active skills that are both underpowered especially meridian destruction.. 2turns restriction plus 30% disperse?? If a player use this skill, 90% chance that he will lost the match.. Meridian anesthesia??? Recovers hp by 20% plus protection 20% PLUS cannot charge.. I prefer wondrous door of DP and combine omnyougi-samurai.. Increase dodge by 5%??? I have weapon with 45% accuracy.. Increase accuracy by 10%??? It can still rarely hit pure wind especially in flex.. This first skill of dark eye is really useles.. 5% Critical chance and 10% damage??? Reasonable but its better to merge with dodge and accuracy increase just like the guy said.. The only good thing in this talent is meridian strength.. Increase in cp and charge really helps.. And meridian kekkei, it was a great talent skill.. It still needs more little adjustment to become useful in battle.. But still, nice development so far devs in DE.. Thats adjustment sometimes help.. Haha. :)
Aerialace

Postby eonstratus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Aerialace wrote:I agree to those who say that dark eye is still not good as deadly performance. New skill meridian kekkei is a good adjustment in DE but it leaves the user to have only 2 active skills that are both underpowered especially meridian destruction.. 2turns restriction plus 30% disperse?? If a player use this skill, 90% chance that he will lost the match.. Meridian anesthesia??? Recovers hp by 20% plus protection 20% PLUS cannot charge.. I prefer wondrous door of DP and combine omnyougi-samurai.. Increase dodge by 5%??? I have weapon with 45% accuracy.. Increase accuracy by 10%??? It can still rarely hit pure wind especially in flex.. This first skill of dark eye is really useles.. 5% Critical chance and 10% damage??? Reasonable but its better to merge with dodge and accuracy increase just like the guy said.. The only good thing in this talent is meridian strength.. Increase in cp and charge really helps.. And meridian kekkei, it was a great talent skill.. It still needs more little adjustment to become useful in battle.. But still, nice development so far devs in DE.. Thats adjustment sometimes help.. Haha. :)

It would be helpful to have a guide with a full list of known weapons, jutsu, NPC's , and pets that can effect the "Merridian Kekkai" ability. Also i'll try and add some of these new improvement ideas in the suggestions section for Dark Eye.

*Edit* Here's A final draft for a last Dark Eye improvement/modification suggestion. Hopefully It will be good enough to satisfy everyone's concerns with the talent.
Updated Dark Eye Talent Suggestion (Final Draft)
Last edited by eonstratus on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Its because im calm, thats why i can fight you
Spoiler: show
name:Stratus
Title:The Frozen Heaven
current lv:80
element: Wind/Water
Class:Medic-Nin
eonstratus

Postby kuknu_js » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:39 am

Well, as DE user i will give my opinion. Here comes a guy to said that new skill is a big buff, i think is wrong and the example of the S45 wep, when we all know that JG members 95% are EOM, DP , and 8x as LN. I have been using DE since talent were out even i was emblem bcz of good 10% acc and 5% dogde. But since restricion effect is useless, weapons that can disperse with same 30% as the "more powerfull" skill of DE and can be use any time, 5% vs 45% , 40%, 80% acc wep , is a lot useless, a barrage that leaves free to use 989CP (30% of 3260) he can easy use tog, eog, flex, cp shield, o whatever skill, as a lot of times suggested it should be 15% but now that skill don't exist. New skill is good, but if in a battle the opponent use EA, HOH of any skill that reduce cp he no use it any longer bcz he knows that if use again he can reduce his HP a lot and get stun, and that's make useless to the skill.
If we compare DE to DP , DP for a long light years is better , better than DE. Is no balance at all, and now u only have 1 skill for attack become more useless, and 1 skill that recover poor HP and poor protection.
DE needs a change and become balance, since restricion useless and ACC wep DE pasive skill for dogde dies and it's only attack skills too.
kuknu_js

Postby Aerialace » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 am

eonstratus wrote:I"m grateful the devs are finally willing to take another look at dark eye Though. I think The new kekkai passive was an inventive and strategic idea and should remain. The only things I would suggest is to merge the critical, accuracy, and dodge passives into 1 skill. Those are all small related attributes with minor bonuses that could all fit under 1 skill. And can all be triggered by simply awakening the dark eye. They never needed to be in separate jutsu.
Dark Eye
Description: The awakening of Dark Eye grants user with strong vision and reflexes.
Effect: Increase accuracy by 10%, Increase dodge chance by 5%, Increase critical chance by 5%
Dmg: --
CP: --
CD: [Passive Skill]

This puts the Dark Eye talent back to 3 passive skills and opens the opportunity for a decent new active skill to be added. Which is something thats sorely needed for DE. I've made a small suggestion for a new one above. Here's a suggestion if its a new active skill thats added.

Dark Eye: Dark Vacuum Palm
Description: Fire a compressed vacuum shell of darkened chakra to weaken foe and plunge them into a vacuum.
Effect: Inflict vacuum status. 40% weaken and 4% HP reduction (3 turns)
Dmg: [(lvl)x 1230%]
CP: [(lvl)x 1180%]
CD: 20
This is basically just a balanced inversion of DP: Samurai One Sword.

Secondly The charge disable penalty from "Meridians Anesthesia" should either be completely Removed or the heal and defense should at least be increased to 30% to make up for the handicap. (30% heal and 30% protection) (Deadly performance gives players a 2 turn immortality defense with no bad side effects.)
Dark Eye: Acupuncture Meridian Anesthesia
Description: Anesthetize yourself to reduce damage and recover HP for a number of turns, but interfere with CP.
Effect: Reduce damage taken by 30% (4 turns), Recover HP by 30% each turn (3 turns), User is not allowed to charge (3 turns)
Dmg: --
CP: [(lvl)x820%]
CD: 16

Lastly "Acupuncture Meridians Destruction" needs to be seriously revised, not just in effect but also in damage. Meridian Destruction was one of the most severe things that have fallen with this talent after its initial release. Its effectiveness was an ultimate talent skill was severely crippled after the game wide update changes to restriction status. My suggestion is to give it a new status effect that works like the original restriction effect (so it can work as originally intended) along with a moderate increase in damage.
Dark Eye: Acupuncture Meridians Destruction
Description: Aim at meridians of target and acupuncture to interfere target's flow of chakra in the body.
Effect: Inflict "Lock" status to target. Target (cannot use skills and Talent skills)(2 turns), 30% chance to clear all buff of target
[Dmg: [(lvl)x 1540%] new
[CP: [(lvl)x 1000%] new
CD: 18 new

This would allow the Dark Eye talent be taken Seriously as a Worthy rival and Alternative to DP. (instead of something thats bought merely for collection and given only to throwaway characters)

40% weaken and 40% blind is cool.. Its counter¬ the one sword samurai of DP.. 40% numb and expose defence of one sword samurai is critical since it makes the target expose to massive damage because it lowers the defence by 40%.. Or maybe you can reduce its effect to 25%-30% weaken and blind because numb and expose defence are only helpful in pvp but weaken and blind are both useful in pvp and strong bosses in events.. same 1230damage, 1180cp consumption and 20cooldown with one sword (i don’t know if these are the updated value) was a great idea by the spoiler.. this should be made devs.. DE still needs strong attacking moves.. When you first introduced Meridian Destruction, it has 1200 damage but it has only 900 damage today.. its restriction became totally useless because of the adjustment you made before compared to barrier of DP which has its effects for 3turns and attacks all enemies.. “LOCK” debuff of the spoiler for 2turns is much helpful.. if you do this, 900 damage is enough since locking moves should have low damage like the stun of enraged forest BUT INCREASE DISPERSE chance by 50% just think of its high cooldown.. we can rarely use it. 900 damage is reasonable since the target can still charge or attack with weapon and it is an extreme talent skill so it must be more powerful than the stun of enraged forest:smothering bind .. and lastly, 30% protection and 30% hp recovery of Meridian Anaesthesia should be adopted.. 20% is not enough.. really not enough.. cannot charge for 3turns should still remain as negative effect.. meridian search should be merge with skill ‘dark eye’ but do not remove 10% critical damage.. or you can make it 5% dodge, 5% accuracy, 5% critical chance and 5% critical damage.. just think of our suggestion devs.. this can make DE more competitive just like other 3 extreme talents.. your first adjustment is not that bad..
Aerialace

Postby eonstratus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 am

Aerialace wrote:40% weaken and 40% blind is cool.. Its counter¬ the one sword samurai of DP.. 40% numb and expose defence of one sword samurai is critical since it makes the target expose to massive damage because it lowers the defence by 40%.. Or maybe you can reduce its effect to 25%-30% weaken and blind because numb and expose defence are only helpful in pvp but weaken and blind are both useful in pvp and strong bosses in events.. same 1230damage, 1180cp consumption and 20cooldown with one sword (i don’t know if these are the updated value) was a great idea by the spoiler.. this should be made devs.. DE still needs strong attacking moves.. When you first introduced Meridian Destruction, it has 1200 damage but it has only 900 damage today.. its restriction became totally useless because of the adjustment you made before compared to barrier of DP which has its effects for 3turns and attacks all enemies.. “LOCK” debuff of the spoiler for 2turns is much helpful.. if you do this, 900 damage is enough since locking moves should have low damage like the stun of enraged forest BUT INCREASE DISPERSE chance by 50% just think of its high cooldown.. we can rarely use it. 900 damage is reasonable since the target can still charge or attack with weapon and it is an extreme talent skill so it must be more powerful than the stun of enraged forest:smothering bind .. and lastly, 30% protection and 30% hp recovery of Meridian Anaesthesia should be adopted.. 20% is not enough.. really not enough.. cannot charge for 3turns should still remain as negative effect.. meridian search should be merge with skill ‘dark eye’ but do not remove 10% critical damage.. or you can make it 5% dodge, 5% accuracy, 5% critical chance and 5% critical damage.. just think of our suggestion devs.. this can make DE more competitive just like other 3 extreme talents.. your first adjustment is not that bad..

Yeah I wasn't sure whether if "blind" or "hp reduction" would be a better fitting secondary effect for the possible new skill "Dark Palm". So I just put in 2 possible suggestions for the effect combination but either should still be paired with "weaken". I'll just let the developers decide the final choice if they want to choose it. What I was trying to do was constructing all the ideas around the goal of making Dark Eye and Deadly Performance "equal talents with different effects" because they require the same level and cost the same price. So the idea was to make their attacks have the same damage and cp cost but have different effects. As you suggested, "Dark Palm" Is based based on "One Sword." DP's One sword is for offense and inflicting massive damage on the enemy by striping off their speed and durability. Since every attack has a defense, "Dark Palm" if adopted, could serve as its equal opposite. It could serve as defensive move which reduces the enemy's accuracy and strength (40% weaken, 40% blind). Or if you prefer it could lower their strength and ware down their stamina (40% weaken, 4% hp reduction).
~~~Also One Sword is still pretty useful outside pvp , its still good in missions and hunting house. The house monsters are not overpowered anymore with 100k+ hp like the old days. They now have more reasonable hp and can be killed with just elemental damage not just limited burns anymore. Even when facing really high HP NPC like exam ninjas, those foes usually have like passive 25-30% dodge rate. If you can tag them with "One Sword" it really supports the rest of your team and helps your allies land hard accurate hits along with stacking other useful debuffs.

Also following in the same theme, I just based the updated cp and damage calculations of DE:Meridians Destruction from its fellow gold talent Ultimate skill DP:Divine Wind. I don't mind if the developers increase the disperse chance instead of the damage, either would be a good idea. However its the restriction effect that needs to be reworked the most. I can understand the developers not wanting to change back All restriction jutsu back to the previous form, So the best solution is to give Merdian's Destruction something new and unique, something with the effect of the old restriction. We already know Deadly Performance was provided with a unique signature stun like barrier (3) So There's really no reason a similar accommodation cant be made for the Dark Eye talent. I just put forward the "LOCK" status suggestion because I was thinking about an effect that would be "Locking" up the chakra points and preventing techniques that require chakra from working, such as "skills and talents skills" (original restriction effect). But the name could be called anything like "Seal" or "Dark seal" for example. This is all just in the effort of making both gold talents equally attractive and useful to players rather than having the options just becoming something heavily limited and 1 sided.
Last edited by eonstratus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
eonstratus

Postby Aerialace » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:34 am

Dark seal is a good name for the new effect of meridian destruction.. Devs should really change that skill's effect.. Its so weak.. I rarely use it.. And why meridians kekkei effect does not affect 8 extremities fist devs?? It says that everytime DE users' cp is reduced or absorbed, the attacker will get damage and possibility to get stun.. It didnt says that 8 extremties fist is exempted.. Why did you changed it devs?? Can you explain..-_-
Aerialace

Postby eonstratus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Maybe its only a bug, there's already such a small supply of jutsu out there that can work with the passive skill.
I dont think They would intentionally hurt the new skill they just invented to help save Talent with by taking away another jutsu that needs its protection.
Image Image
eonstratus

Postby Aerialace » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:27 pm

I guess it is not.. The time they release meridian kekkei it affects all jutsu absorber/reducer..but these following days it didnt affect all 8ex reducer skill.. Hey devs, if you really not intentionally made that, fix it as soon as possible.. And im so annoyed right now.. I played pvp.. I battled with another player for almost one hour and i won then the page logged..i waited for 15minutes but still log so i refresh.. I came back to pvp room and i was frustated to what i saw.. My lose point added 1..so that means i lost my last fight just because it lag??. And it always happen devs.. Do something about this please.. -_-
Aerialace

Previous

Return to Ninja Discussion