Tutor Exam (Bug?)

Discuss Ninja Saga

Moderators: colmillonegro, dannytranvan, Jole-Kze, Moderators

Tutor Exam (Bug?)

Postby Viperwasp » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Hard Mode State 1-2 during the main boss fight with the three enemies I keep losing. It's very difficult and I love a challenge however I feel like there is a Bug or something that I don't understand.

Percentage Based skills can backfire and deal damage to your own character as well. The enemies don't seem to have a noticeable buff that is causing this? Perhaps just a earth element based damage reflect?

The issue is I have never seen this occur in the game before and I feel percentage based Genjutsu and Taijutsu should not reflect damage in this manner. I don't even see my own character take the damage as in a damage marker. But my 100% full HP ally and player character can die instantly by using one of the following skills. My whole team was killed this way multiple times.

Kinjutsu: Five Elements Consuming Seal
Kinjutsu: Advance Phantom Impulse
Kinjutsu: Wolf Fist Attack (Even this attack which is only 10% can instantly kill a 100% HP level 80 from the damage rebound)
Kinjutsu: Phantom Kyunoki Seals.

I feel as though this may not be a bug but instead an over looked aspect of this fight or game. It does not always happen but I have failed four times because of this. I tried using a pure damage dealing or defensive party and it's either going to be like a two hour fight without percentage based skills. Even if I can select my own proper skills to use if percentage based is not allowed! I cannot choose my allies skills. This fight is hard as it is even without this problem.

*Note: The only other possibility I can think of is the enemies can get a damage rebound or some other status effect but it does not show the enemy under said status effect at all.

-Update-
I still feel this is an issue. However if you want to know how I beat this is how!

You need three level 80 pure earth Ninja. With the most defensive backitem and weapon you can get. HP damage reduce and or HP recovery is paramount. Your going to need tons of healing items for your character. The problem is your allies. I suggest having your allies and perhaps even your own Ninja have 4+ Defensive/ Healing skills. Max your Talents, get a pet that does poison or burn etc.

After this it's a long battle to victory! Tenson is a life saver! Every member should have it no matter what if possible. Even with an well established team with throughout skills and setup specifically for this mission your not even remotely guaranteed victory! It's a lot about luck! Speaking of luck! Good luck!!!

I tried pure wind.... Even with my best skill setup it was kind of a nightmare. So find some allies with pure earth is my opinion. I don't see this being physically possible with a team of pure fire,water or thunder.
Last edited by Viperwasp on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Viperwasp

Re: Tutor Exam (Bug?)

Postby Lag :) » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:45 pm

This is caused by Reactive Force which returns 30% of the damage dealt back to the attacker. You can get this by adding points to Earth attribute and it is a passive effect.

Try using Damage-Over-Time effects like Burn or Poison instead of direct HP-reduction skills like Wolf Fists attack and the others you mentioned to avoid being One-hit KO'ed by Reactive Force.
Lag :)

Postby MoGaY » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:09 pm

it's not a bug, that's the effect of "reactive force" although dev forgot to write the "reactive force" :lol:

to kill them is simple anyway, keep damaging them n burn them, n be patient until they die ;) . I also use Taurus wand (back item) which absorb 3% HP of enemy who attack our character, however it's only 12% chance. But all my recruited friends (which also my charaters) equipped with it. :D.

I keep using five elements consuming seal n phantom kyunoki seal+ex-lovers skills when their HP reduced to half
Cute Mogay Pake Topeng are all my lovely chars with their unique skills and Appearance.
MoGaY

Postby Viperwasp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

I was able to beat the event now for multiple Ninja. Yes I know about reactive force. I knew that's what it was the whole time. I just don't believe that reactive force should apply to percentage attacks. In my opinion reactive force should apply to the base damage of the attack. Just like how Strength or bleed won't increase the percentage damage.

My ultimate strategy was to go basically 100% defense and use skills than burn or poison. The bunny girl transformation that reduces purify is amazing. For one char I used max level fire kinjutsu with the burn... for another character I used max level water prison which is 8% for two turns. I use pure earth with the new shield back item, evasion, wind peace, and tenson on every ninja. It was pretty easy. But I will say one thing. To be fair not a lot of people have as much flexibility.

There is going to be easily 50% of the level 80 community that is going to have a very hard time with this. And this is only stage one. lol
Viperwasp

Postby Lag :) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:17 am

I agree with you that only the base damage should be applied when reactive force happens. I don't know how the damage from Five Element Consuming Seal would get rebounded from your character through reactive force, since its basically shadow(?) arms from the ground going upward to seal your enemies.
Lag :)

Postby windwolf777 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Lag :) wrote:I agree with you that only the base damage should be applied when reactive force happens. I don't know how the damage from Five Element Consuming Seal would get rebounded from your character through reactive force, since its basically shadow(?) arms from the ground going upward to seal your enemies.

Dont try making sense in this game

EDIT: I beat this solo actually. My points are all in wind except for 5 in water, and my Jutsu are:
Spoiler: show
Feather Illusion, 5 elements consuming seal, Advanced Phantom Impulse, Dark Mind Body Restriction, Hellfire 5, Prison colliding wave 5, Refresh 12, and Dance of Fujin 3

Pet is Yamaru, and well, my talents arent even close to being maxed out :lol:

EDIT 2: Seems the game didn't register me beating the tensai version, and now I have to redo it. Also, yes, let's give ALL OF THEM 100% reactive chance -_-'

EDIT 3: Beat solo again. Looks like this time it counted. Now just beating for the different animations from other missions that I already know all the dialogue from '
Spoiler: show

Windwolf777 LV 80
Wind/Water/Fire
Yamaru
Dark Eyes
Hidden Silhouette/Enraged Forest (for now)
Senior Ninja Tutor
windwolf777

Postby Oskaras » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 am

I almost died using the five element consuming skill , dunno how u survive the damage :/
Oskaras

Postby dannytranvan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:04 am

Oskaras wrote:I almost died using the five element consuming skill , dunno how u survive the damage :/

Reactive Force. That is the effect you died from. So it is not a bug. Most players commonly use this jutsu to easily take down the exam bosses.
dannytranvan

Postby Alaskador » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:27 am

It's Reactive Force :cry:
......................Image

............................................................Siberian Husky
.....................................................Ex-Moderator on NS
Alaskador

Postby Shuno_Makura » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm glad they did add it in actually. It'd be too easy if they didn't have the high purify/dodge/reactive force. Why?

3 chars use photon and that's already 45% HP. :lol:

I know not everyone has it (so don't try and quote me on that and explain it with that reasoning :roll: ), but everyone will definitely be seeking players that had this if it weren't for the reactive force. It definitely gives a challenge. :)

EDIT: Does anyone by chance know if you have SoS (Shield of Suiten) on then most of the damage taken goes through that? I believe if a recruit tries to Photon a White Zetsu (2-2 white puppet) then they BARELY survive when they're at full health. I'm about to test out Advanced Photon and Hidden Among Rocks combo to see if that helps.
Shuno_Makura

Next

Return to Ninja Discussion